Friday, March 06, 2009

no oat meal day

dad will probably shake his head, but yesterday we finished our previous bulk bag of oat meal and before we start on the new one Bill and I took a break today and had danishes.

I have a whole bunch of books on hold at the library about gardens, seed starting and preserving and canning. I also have the omnivores dilemma on hold. Unfortunately, for me my library closes at 5pm all weekend, so I hope I can go on Saturday before we leave to visit Bill's friends.

which leads me to the plans for the weekend. Nothing on the slate tonight, but tomorrow we meet up with Bill's high school buddies and their SOs (some are married some are dating). Unfortunately, we have to drive about an hour and a half each way up to the north burbs to see them.

Sunday, We will go see Bill's family to celebrate his dad's birthday (Saturday. Then we go to a Chicago corgi get together. A whole bunch of corgis - so much fun!

At some point, I need to start packing and what not for Texas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wouldn't think of shaking my head at you. I hope you got some good ones and you enjoyed them. I guess all your talk of fresh grown things got to me. I bought basil, cilantro, and rosemary, which I am going to try growing inside. And beans and sugar snap peas which I am going to try growing on my patio. Enjoy the corgis.