Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I love nutella

yeah this post has nothing to do with that fact, but I had some today with graham crackers as a snack and they were good.

I can't believe today is Tuesday. It seems like it should at least be Wednesday, if not Thursday. I think my distorted sense of a work week is rearing its head. after all the holidays January is a cold heartless reminder of life. At least since the take over I technically get Monday off. I haven't decided if I should go in and take the holiday at some later point (I have a lot of reporting to do in the next two weeks) but it is nice to know it is there.

We got our Christmas tree down yesterday. I thanked it for giving its life to us and for not shedding any needles until we started to take it down. I think that is the biggest advantage to going and cutting down your own tree. The tree just doesn't dry out like live ones you buy from a store. Anyway, now our living room looks sad and bare. (Just another sign of January). I have decided to keep up the snow flake and snowmen window gels just for a little longer and in an attempt to get ahead of the curve I put out the red table cloth and the valentine napkins. (they will now probably be out until Easter :) )

2 comments:

Malesa said...

January is a nasty, miserable month. That's all there is to it. It bothers me that it's even 31 days instead of 30. Good for you for leaving up the snowflakes and putting out Valentines stuff though. I should put some Valentines stuff up too, but I'm afraid it would stay there until we move in May.

sarah said...

eh... there could be worse things than having paper hearts up in your house right?