Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rice Kick

Do you remember that old milk commercial... milk kick?

I have been on a rice kick lately, last week risotto, this week yummy rice pudding.





The Joy of Cooking book suggested putting the warm rice pudding in ramekins. And While I have regular ramekins these are so much more fun. I added minced crystallized ginger to the pudding (something I had learned in a coconut ginger recipe) but apparently not enough, or maybe it was if I had used regular rice. Since Bill loves his rice and is a discerning rice eater, we get the big 10 lb bags of Thai jasmine rice. yum!

Ok enough about food, time for some updates.
This past weekend we had dinner with Brian and Christie. A good time was had by all. Sunday we didn't do much, but we did take Winnie to get groomed and while waiting to pick her up ended up wandering around a Kohls (a dangerous thing). I knew Kohls carried the Sketchers brand, so while there I had to check out the Shape-ups. And yes... I bought myself a pair of the rediculous looking shoes. I am so excited for the nice weather to come so I had try these puppies out on my commute. until then I am wearing them around the house to break them in (or perhaps the other way around.)
And... to help me stay awake as I read about interest rates and exchange rate parity Bill and I booked a quick trip in early Feb. Where you ask? (look at the pictures, though if you know me you probably don't even need the hint.)

2 comments:

Malesa said...

Yum. I love rice pudding! You'll have to let me know if those shape-up shoes really work. I've always thought that if I was already walking, I wouldn't want more exercise added to that, but it would be nice to tone up a bit.

Bill said...

i think you mean 25 lb bags of rice...