Tuesday, November 28, 2006

T day

Yes thanksgiving was lovely. would have been lovelier had
1. The turkey been cooked all the way when the thermometer read 180 (general consensus at work was bill and i must have hit a bone and that is what made is spike)
B. I could have tasted all the stuff I was making instead of relying on other peoples' tastebuds. (also would have been cool if i hadn't needed a nap midday)
III. We taken some time to really enjoy what a beautiful day it was. perfect day for a walk in the park or around the block, or even some fetch with duffers in the back yard.

Otherwise, dinner was great Bill and I are still eating turkey left overs (though I must say the turkey panini and turkey mac-n-cheese are probably not the "normal" ways of eating left overs)

Things to do again:

*Pre order the turkey fresh -not frozen- for pickup (though i think i would pick up on wednesday morning not thursday)
*Brine the turkey. I really belive this works. (though next year i think i'll be back to my sugar an kosher salt routine -who knew mortons would run out of kosher salt?!?)
*Make as much ahead of time as possible. (though with a functioning oven and less people it is easier to make some things the day of so they don't chill in the fridge)
*Pumpkin pie ice cream. I have the basics down for the making of the sweet treat so i think this is a must do... I think it would be good even in the summer (though i would love to try my hand at cranberry ice cream like they had on tv last night)
*Have mom and duffy-dog there. (though it would be great to get BOTH of my brothers next time)

No comments: