Monday, August 27, 2007

WALLpaper?!?!

so what i thought was just an annoy faux finish with paint was really an annoying faux finish with paint on top of WALLPAPER!!! garr..... i curse laziness and all previous owners of our home. We are now behind probably 3-4 days meaning extra work for sarah nightly an perhaps a half day of vacation this friday. oh and because of all of this i think i have "white lung" seeing as i have inhaled large amounts of the crumbling drywall compound that is in between the paint and the wall paper.

EDIT: So apparently my very lay person speak is confusing it isn't the drywall itself that is in between layers it is the mud/Spackle/ "compound" or what ever you want to call it. whatever it is is is highly annoying as it crumbles between the lay of paint and layer of wallpaper. it is as if you were sanding new drywall not just stripping wall paper.

Side note: I have been thing i would like to make a tee shirt with a Rosie the riveter type of cartoon holding a spackling knife saying "I love to strip" I could wear it when ever i am doing home improvements and it would make me laugh.

1 comment:

alana. said...

Hahaha - I think the t-shirt is a great idea. You could probably market them for big bucks, then use the dough to hire some poor sap to finish the home repairs for you!

And btw - I read your blog too, so NYEH!!