Monday, January 11, 2010

3d and then some

This weekend started with a very important lesson that I was tempted to call "why you shouldn't be a good Samaritan" but my co worker pointed out to be that maybe it should be called "look out! watch where you're walking". The weekend ended with some lovely 3D graphics.

So Friday I am walking home from the train station and it is really starting to get cold out. we had had a day in the high 20s but the weekend was supposed to be cold. As I walk past my neighbor's house I see a yellow had on the ground in the drive towards the street. I laugh to myself (silly kids) pick up the hat and then notice that the neighbors aren't home. To keep the hat safe I decided to put it inside the front door figuring that some one would see it when getting the mail the next day. so I walk up put it on the door knob and the turn to get home. as I take the first step I feel my feet go out from under me and I fall backwards down the flight of 5 steps. Luckily i am wearing my backpack, which protected much of my back from the fall, but my right are is tingling and I can't get my right hand to work. I am fine for the most part, but what ever I did to my shoulder really effected my nerves funny. I am still having a hard time lifting and doing certain tactile movements. Bill called me Colt McCoy, gee thanks honey.

Saturday we hung out during the day and then went out to the west burbs in the late afternoon for some errands and some dinner. That night we caught the Watchmen movie on HBO. I don't know why people panned the movie. I thought it was pretty good. A little disjointed but over all not nearly the worst movie based off a graphic novel/ comic book.

Yesterday I had one goal when I woke up: take down the Christmas tree. and yes, the tree is currently still up and fully decorated as I type this. That is mostly because Bill decided to take a break from work in the late afternoon and we went and saw Avatar. We both really enjoyed it. We didn't see it at an Imax (instead we tried out the new theater on Roosevelt for those who live around here) but we did see it in 3D. I think that if you want to see this movie and really appreciate the graphics and special effects that it will most likely win tons of awards for you have to go see it in a theater. yeah its pricier, but go see it at a matinee and skip out on some other splurge that you might make in the week.

So today I hope to get that tree down and make some progress in my Stalla books. Oh Ethics, it seems like yesterday we were together for the Level I exam.

No comments: