Monday, May 03, 2010

ack!

Sometimes my job is slow and sometimes everything comes at you all at once. today was one of the later types of days.

Anyway, This weekend was nice... I took Friday off to study so I had a long weekend and boy was it long. Friday I studied most of the morning and part of the afternoon. I also was able to take the dog on a nice long walk and still have time to drive into the city and have dinner with Bill.

Saturday, we had no plans so I nixed Bill's idea of going out to the west burbs and instead we did deep spring cleaning on our family room and bedroom (the rest of the house will have to wait). Bill made yummy scallops and stir fry for dinner and life was good.

Yesterday, we went yay up to the north subburbs and had brunch with our friends at this cool place called pinstripes. We then hung out for the afternoon and before we knew it the whole day was gone. We grilled steak and artichokes and pineapple last night, and I made lentils from scratch (not as hard as I was expecting).

Though the days were nice, we had some very violent storms so I didn't want to plant seeds.... maybe I can do that today. My yard is looking great, though the helicopters are giving Bill nightmares (seriously!) Peapod plants are about 4" tall and I have had 5 asparagus come up so far. The broccoli has needed transplanting for the last week, and hopefully they will survive for a bit longer.

my CFA exam is in 33 days. yikes!!!

No comments: