Wednesday, March 02, 2011

easy nice dinner

so as the quarter is coming to an end Bill and i have even less time to spend cooking and being together. usually this means more fast food etc in our diet but with Cabo around the corner and that bikini I bought laughing at me I am trying to eat a bit better and exercise. So when grocery shopping this weekend we tried to keep this in mind. One of the places i love to go to get quick meals is Trader Joes.
They aren't the best for fresh fruit and veg, but their frozen meals rock. Bill and I bought so pre packaged snowpeas and a port tenderloin that was pre marinated. Last night I made dinner in the time it took bill to get from the train station down town to the train station in Homewood.
Sear tenderloin on all sides in a stove to oven pan
Through some baby carrots and half an onion in the pan with a bit of olive oil
set timer for 20 min
snap snow peans and wash
rinse rice and put in rice cooker.
saute snowpeas

dinner in 30 min - yum!
I think that pork tenderloin might become a new rotational member in my "homey" but easy meals.

No comments: