Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Fat Tuesday

So tomorrow is Ash Wednesday - the day I like to think of as my second chance at a new year's resolution. Should I give something up? Should I do something more? over the years i have tried both to different degrees of success with cabo on the horizon the one thing i won't be doing (which I normally do) is give up soda. It might be silly but i have a feeling that with water and such I will be drinking soda more for safety than for enjoyment. chocolate is always hard to do and it does make a good sacrifice. But I don't think it is really enough. I have though about adding daily meditation as i think that would be good and in line with the idea of lent. But I don't know how to meditate.

Any ideas?

2 comments:

Malesa said...

Those are all good goals. I could give up soda in a split second since I drink it maybe 3 times a year. Chocolate would be much harder for me, but sugar in general would be the hardest. I like the meditation goal. I think having some kind of daily thought, quote, or scripture to help start meditating is a good way to go. I don't know that there is a science to meditating. Just as long as you have some quiet, uninterrupted time to introspectively think. Sometimes I think about everything while I'm nursing Katelyn in the dark at night. I think that's meditating too.

sarah said...

that is meditating. I found some site with daily prayers for lent. we'll see how i like it.