Thursday, June 19, 2008

garden update

so my garden is growing nicely, and yesterday i was able to harvest my first broccoli head. it was de-lish! i think all of the broccoli was stunted a bit by the 40 degree weather we had when i first bought them, but they are tasty even if they are small.



My bean plants have little beans coming out on them the longest is about 3 -4 inches right now. again, the bean plants are on the smaller side, but that might be more due to the soil conditions. I am now thinking about if i should seed a fall batch of beans and broccoli. or seed something to put in these guy's place after i have harvested. i know i will continue to get some small side shoots from my broccoli, but with the beans i am not sure if they continue to produce as you harvest.



the tomatoes are like a jungle right now. my early girls being the biggest, but not that much bigger than my big boys. the romas are all about 6-9 inches shorter than their bigger siblings. and the potted ones look stunted.



the pepper plants are as big as i would hope at this point, especially since they are all flowering right now. i guess we'll just hope that i won't be eating 3in long bell peppers all summer :)



and lastly my deck is progressing nicely...

5 comments:

alana. said...

Im jealous of your delicious vegetable bounty!

Its really hard to grow stuff out here. Heat plus dry air plus wind destroys everything I attempt. Sigh.

sarah said...

yeah those aren't the best conditions for most things :(

Frank said...

that deck is looking sharp! can't wait to see it in person!

Malesa said...

Your deck looks AWESOME! I've always wanted a deck. I wonder what one off the 25th floor would be like. :)

sarah said...

hmm i think it would be windy!!!