Monday, February 23, 2009

eew

So, Mondays are rather long days for me right now.  I get home around 1030pm and then try to relax for an hour, eat a bite and then shower and get ready for bed.  Well, today despite the length of the day and the killer shin splints that have re-emerged, was a very nice day.  I enjoyed the work I did, I learned some stuff and even used my Starbucks coupon one more time before it expired.  Anyway, I get home and watch Chuck (my favorite nerd on NBC) while snacking on some left overs from Bill's yummy dinner.  Then I hop in the shower.  With my aching shins (and a stiff back from sitting so much today) I was really looking forward to the shower. I even had a new shower puff thing to use.  So, I get some of my favorite shower gel on the puff and start to wash off.  That's when I glance down and see brown stuff on my belly.  I then look at the puff and throw it as far from me while shrieking.  

yup there was a large brown centipede in my shower puff. 

I think it had faced its demise long ago in the linen closet (or at least that is what I am reassuring myself with).  So much for relaxing. }}shudder{{

Tomorrow, is Fat Tuesday which as a tradition at my work we all throw in money and get greasy burgers and fries from a local place.  Tomorrow night, is school with Winnie.  Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and Bill made reservations some place for Chicago Restaurant Week (they had been on Tuesday but then they conflicted with class).  I think they have fish, so I should be ok. Thursday is a night at home, followed by Friday and more Chicago Restaurant Week reservations.  I am sure you folks with little ones at home are rolling your eyes saying enjoy it while you can, but honestly I think I would rather be at home more.  It seems these thing always come all together at once.

No comments: