Monday, April 06, 2009

Palm Sunday and such

Yesterday was Palm Sunday the final week leading up to Easter has begun. and what better way to recognize the Easter season than a sleet/snow storm. Yup we got over 2 inches of heavy wet snow after having both hail and sleet earlier in the day. Needless to say, Palm Sunday mass did not start out side of the church like the organizers had hoped.

Even though it is buried under snow, on Saturday I spent an hour or two raking and trimming leftovers from last fall. If the weather had cooperated I would have started tilling my garden and maybe transplanted some of the plants that needed moving.

Saturday we celebrated Bill's birthday (it was last Monday) with friends and family at Smoque. We had a decent turn out of Brian, Christie, Faisal, Mitul and Christy. We also got to see Brian's fabulous new place.

Friday, we had dinner with some neighbors as a local Mexican place.

That was another busy weekend. and this week Bill and I will have to get the house ready for an Easter meal.

3 comments:

Andrea and Terrance said...

I'm with you on the snow. It snowed/rained here this last weekend and it was awful. There was a half marathon in Provo and all these people who thought they were going to run in nice April weather ended up running 13 miles in sleet. I love to run, but this time I was glad I was not one of them. Hope you have a good easter!

Malesa said...

Happy Birthday to Bill! And a happy Easter week to you. Who are you having over on Easter?

sarah said...

just bill's family, but it's time for some serious spring cleaning.