Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Alright the dog can't interrupt me

because I am at school.

So now that midterms are over I have a bit more time to myself and have gotten into cooking a bit more at home. I also don't know if I posted about this, but as part of my food club at school I went to a olive oil and vinegar tasting. I know, drinking little "shots" of olive oil or balsamic vinegar doesn't sound tasty, but it was, and afterwards I bought some oils and vinegars.

One of the two oils I got was a blood orange oil. It was so flavorful, and the store clerk insisted that he used it in a ton of baking and cooking. Since we got it, Bill made a delish roasted chicken with a honey soy glaze... with the orange oil it tastes like a healthy version of orange chicken. And I made chocolate chip cookies subbing out one of the two sticks of butter for the oil. the cookies turned out perfect and they have this nice citrus finish.

We have also made use of the balsamic (Brussels sprouts) and the toasted sesame oil (stir fry).

Ok so I know this was sorta boring... but i was really excited about these purchases and their uses.

No comments: