Tuesday, November 16, 2010

leaf be gone

So this year Bill and I tried the one and done tactic with the fall chores. This lead to 5 hours of raking, mowing, gutter cleaning, garden clearing, garage sweeping and other fun chores. I am not sure if this is the best tactic, but it worked (though I still have some tulip bulbs to plant and some weeds that look like shrubs in the back yard).

This weekend was the costume party that ended my leadership program. The theme was heroes and villains and Bill and I went as the Joker and Harley Quinn [i was trying to add pictures but it is getting late and i have tried 3 times now sorry :(]

Yesterday I ordered the turkey for thanksgiving. I have a lot of work to do on my house between now and then. You would think I would have all this time as a student to keep house and what not. anyway, here's the menu so far:
Turkey
Sausage and chestnut dressing
Pomegranate-Cranberry Sauce (and canned cran for Bobby)
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes (not sure mashed or maple ginger)
Lily's making
green bean casserole
corn chowder
croissants
Bill's mom is bringing
honey baked ham

There will be pies but the who and what are nebulous right now. there will also be rice, great lakes Christmas ale, cranberry sparkling water, and lots of people.

any suggestions on what i am forgetting or your fav thanksgiving recipe?

1 comment:

Andrea and Terrance said...

Sounds delish. I love Thanksgiving. My favorite is my mom's orange rolls, but sadly I can't replicate them.