Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My neurosis and complaints

So, I am sure I am not the only one who has small little hang-ups about certain things...

like the light switches in our kitchen

We have a set of switches on each side of the kitchen, one closer to the dining room and one closer to the garage, stairs and everything else.

Every day when i come home and want to turn on the lights i must hit the switch downward. which is the universal sign for off. At that point I feel compelled to go and change the other switch and thus fix the problem. It appears that Lily is the one who turns on the lights with one switch and turns them off with another, because every morning I again feel compelled to fix them when we leave, but they are all messed up when I get home in the afternoon.

Bill laughs as I fix the lights everyday, maybe he has secretly told lily to mess them up to get back at me for my ranking him third in a list of four asians and a white girl. (just kidding sweetie)

another example

The toilets at work
So I don't think I am alone in having a favorite toilet at work, I think lots of people like to use the same stall (urinal for you men) when you have to pee. we have 5 stalls and i like the second one from the door. there is a reason for this the end ones each have a grate over them and I don't like the idea of someone watching me pee, the middle one is in between the lights so it is too dark and the one second from the end is further away from the one second to the door. The last one and the on second from the end also require using the sucky paper towel dispenser.

So I have my favorite toilet, but recently some one has been using and not flushing, and I know the cleaning lady flushes them all when she cleans them midday and at night, but when ever i go in there 8:30 am 5:05 pm or any random time in between there is an unflushed toilet in my favorite stall. This angers me to know end, and I am not sure how bill is getting into the woman's washroom without notice but he must be behind this too (just kidding again sweetie)

so yes I have my little tics... people who own daily tear-off calendars should never let their calendar fall behind, its pa-con not peecan, i don't like people grabbing my waist, i don't like reading the newspaper but I do enjoy reading it if someone else's on the train or at work (upside down sideways etc, i see it as a challenge), punctuality, scheduling vacations ( I like to know what I am doing when)... it is because of my little tics, my funny eating habits, and my need for sleep on the plane ride over to Ireland that my family was constantly making fun of me... But that's ok because I have my blog and my job, and, well, yes, I have you too dear.


59 days until "I Do" 61 days until I see mickey mouse. I'm not sure which I am looking forward to more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but chances are, your toilet is others' favorite as well. Just think of how many people do their business in the same stall as you.

The best ones are the handicapped stalls. Nobody uses those. And they're spacious.

Frank said...

we only have ONE toilet for all the men on my floor. Now that is a tic.

sarah said...

while it might be a favorite to those who enjoy using the stall they should practice common courtsey and flush the g-d toilet. by the way we have no handicapped stalls.

RJW said...

that's why they invented automatic flushers. you obviously need to move into a newer, better building. maybe neil can rent you some space in their new building.

curious m said...

I'm curious--what does Neil need all of this space for anyway?

RJW said...

good point m, and about the lights, i flip them just like lily. us asian people aren't neurotic like that.

Anonymous said...

well, the ones in the womens' bathroom have a countertop designed for baby changing...

get your minds out of the gutter