Friday, March 10, 2006

Immigration

So, outside my window right now thousands of people protesting the immigration act a screaming and chanting "USA" I really don't mind rallies, but I don't like when I can't hear myself think. I don't mind the fact that people so badly want a better life with better opportunities that they come here illegally, I do mind, however that there are thousands of people screaming outside and they are here for at least the next hour and a half.

I wonder how many illegal Irish immigrants there currently are in the US, because this currently looks like the Irish/Mexican heritage day parade.

I don't know how I feel about the bill, so I am not going to weigh in on that, but I do know that my family and almost everyone I know's family has immigrated here. (I don't know too many Native Americans).

Grr now the rallying has started....

4 comments:

RJW said...

i think my sister said she was going to that rally. you probably saw her from the window.

Anonymous said...

i was going to go, but i had work.

sarah said...

if your sister was the one with the fog horn i might have to get angry.... i was on a call with a client and it sounded like i was at the olymics with all the cheering/chanting/ and noise maker-ing

alana. said...

Ahh, the Irish do love a parade...