Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lied to

I was excited to get harry potter yesterday, only to find out that I was lied to by the advert in the paper two weekends a go for the grocery story. the paper back doesn't come out until the 25th according to amazon. of course when I asked the uninformed person at BAM he told me that the book wouldn't be out until october.... maybe he had it confused with a series of unfortunate events which comes out on friday the 13th in october... either way the double lie still leaves me with no harry.

I did get some books to read, mostly by authors i had never read before... the memory keepers daughter, the glass castle, the alchemist, emma and me, and any place i hang my hat. They all sounded interesting to me, though in reading reviews on line some are much better liked than others... we'll see.

Today is a rain rainy day. It's been raining since yesterday... and things are pretty wet out there now. As i type lightening is cracking through the sky... and the only other thing i hear is the ssssshh of cars on the street... lovely.

No comments: