Wednesday, October 08, 2008

i need a new doctor

sign 1: i waited an hour at my last visit for 5 min of face time with the doctor (that included the entire exam and time for questions or concerns)
sign 2: i only had one lab done while at that visit, but i am seeing two lab charges on my insurance website
sign 3: i was left a message yesterday and told that the person to call back would be in the office 9-5 today, but upon calling i was told the office was closed, as it is closed from 12-2 every day and closed all day Thursday and all weekend. a two hour lunch break??!?? seriously?!? is that why the patients have to wait an hour plus to see the doctor? and seeing as it wasn't my doctor that called why wasn't there an option to leave a message for the person who did call?

oh well i am already doing the search and cross referencing with Angie's list. hopefully my next doctor will have real office hours and maybe I'll only have to wait a half hour.

4 comments:

alana. said...

That freaking drives me NUTS!!!

My back surgeon made me wait a month for an appointment, an hour and a half in the waiting room past my appt time before he showed up, then saw me for about 5 minutes (during which he showed NO signs of even SCANNING my file before I showed up as he was completely ignorant of my case) then charged me over $300 dollars for a 40 minute consult.

Fuckers.

Why is there, like, a BBB for the medical industry?

Andrea and Terrance said...

Dang--I need to figure out how I can get a job there; I'm pretty sure a two hour lunch break would work well for me. :)

sarah said...

you get a job there and i'll go to your office.

Anonymous said...

What clinic are you going to? The only people I found to be even remotely worthwhile while I was living in Chicago was the Rush center just west of Downtown. Turns out it was acutally WORTH the commute from Hyde Park to go there and I found an EXCELENT Dr (whose name now I can't remember!) Since you work in Downtown, it might not hurt to look in to it. After 2 years of searching, I finally found a good DR out here too. She's quick, but she lets you ask all the questions you want, keeps her laptop with her, so everything that's discussed in the office is documented and she seems to really care. Too bad Docs like this are so hard to find . . .