Friday, July 30, 2010

good book

Just finished The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. I really enjoyed this book, though it has been so long since I read the Poisonwood Bible that i really cannot compare them. The book made me interested in learning more about Frieda Kahlo, Mexico City, Trotsky, and McCarthyism. I like books that are a jumping off point for learning more.

Anyway... that is my book review of the day.

Today is gray and cool out, but the weekend is supposed to be nice. No plans for tonight... maybe try running again? Tomorrow we have a Booth event for Bill, but overall this will be a quite one.

Have a nice weekend


Oh and Mimi, if you read this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

3 comments:

alana. said...

What's the book about?

sarah said...

It is diaries and letters of a kid/man from age eight until he dies. His life as a half Mexican half American working as a cook for Diego and Frieda then a secretary for Trotsky and finally a writer in America. Tell me that doesn't sound interesting.

alana. said...

very! I'll have to check it out