Sunday, February 06, 2011

so yummy

I forgot to take a picture because I was busy eating it.

Anyway when I was visiting mom we went to a restaurant called Cowboy Ciao and I got the chopped salad there. It was so yummy and different I had to make it for Bill. So I improvised a little but you can look at the original recipe here

What I did was this:
grilled chicken on my panini press
made pearled couscous (yum!)
washed and chopped red leaf lettuce
chopped tomatoes
used Trader Joe's canned corn
Used dried cranberries (b/c that is what I had)
Used shredded mozzarella (again what I had)

The only sadness was that I had not pumpkin seeds or even sunflower. The crunchy really does help the texture and the salty is nice

I used a vinaigrette, but if I was planning to make this again I might try making the dressing.

One other note - both what I did and the online recipe are for chicken, but at the restaurant they serve it with salmon. I am sure that is good, but I like my chicken.

Anyway back to watching the bowl of supers.

No comments: