Monday, July 25, 2011

Swelter

This summer has been a hot one I think no matter where you were living. The past week in DC has been hot, humid and often unbearable.
Yesterday, I went to see Captain America because I think sitting in a cool dark theater would be a reprieve. Too bad the AC is still broken (was broken last weekend for Harry Potter too) at this Regal Cinema and it was about 90 inside the theater. Now being a customer I have a choice, but I cannot believe that a corporation can in good concience keep a place like that open requiring workers (mostly high school students) work in those types of conditions.
Because of the heat I have not taken my bike out, because lets face it I am not crazy about exercise and trying to get into a workout in this heat takes dedication (like my wonderful and crazy friend CB). Instead my exercise has be lounging by the pool, sitting in the AC, and trying to sleep-in. However, the heat wave is supposed to snap and we should be in the cool low 90s this week. So I hope to get out for a ride sometime this week.
In a book update, I have read the Study in Scarlet, Sign of the Four, and am almost to the conclusion of the Hound of the Baskervilles. Good summer reads if you like mysteries. I especially love reading these on my kindel, because anytime I see a word that I don't recognize I can look it up with the flip of my toggle.
Halfway done with the internship and am not getting antsy to get home.

4 comments:

Bill said...

you're NOT getting antsy to get home? :(

sarah said...

it was supposed to say I am getting antsy but I think I originally typed "halfway done with the internship and I am not ready to go back to school...." best laid plans :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful and crazy -- that's me!

Are you around Thursday night? I am available to chat if you are.

sarah said...

I think I am going out to dinner.... but my weekend is wide open for you :)