Wednesday, May 18, 2005

drool spot of shame

I am at work and I am staring at the constant reminder of my slacking... the drool spot of shame. I think my dad's reaction to my story of falling asleep at work was the best, mostly because it was my dad and he laughed.

So, as I am constantly reminded of my laziness and sloth-like qualities I will post what will most likely be my last post ever.


Until I return I mean :) (I scared you for a second!)


This week has been going by quickly and since I left myself with no work to do this week I have been doing other things, like researching the colors of the euro and fielding calls for wedding and family related stuff. In all, yesterday I did about 5 min of work.

Did you all watch the season finale of Gilmore Girls? I laugh at all the TiVo-ers out there that tried to skip commercials by tivo-ing the finale and got burned by the WB. (The show ran over by 3 min, arguably the most important 3 min of the show.)

In other news, my invites have been returned to me and I will (hopefully) get them in the mail tomorrow morning. And RJ it is the 6th and you know it.

I am still a little worried about my trip but now that I have a 55$ backpack and 80$ earphones everything should be better. (Yes I bought myself 80$ earphones, and no you can't borrow them) I also have obsessive compulsive notes that I made into a 6 page itinerary to fill me with joy if I get bored.

My biggest fear of traveling: I'll get lost at the airport like in home alone 2 and then while everyone else is enjoy a nice vacation I will have to thwart house robbers with my uncanny ability to throw paint cans at their heads. But really, I am worried that I won't be able to us my email or my cell phone for 10 days... I am worried that I will forget something important ("You didn't bring your schlockamabobber?!? What are you an idiot?!?")... I am worried that my planning ahead will all be for naught as my family drives 30 mi in the wrong direction because all the road signs are in Irish and none of us can read that.

As you can see I worry a lot, now just take this incessant worrying, multiply by a factor of ten, and that is what I will be on Friday August 5th.

Ok well I really should work... or at least pretend to work. I am getting paid to be here.

See you all later... I return on the 29th... but I am sure Bill and I will both post about our adventures on the 30th once we have both recovered.

3 comments:

RJW said...

why don't you tell me what happened. no i have to go to telivisionwithoutpity.com, yes i admit i know of that website.

RJW said...

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/

damn my inablity to spell and knockoff websites.

Anonymous said...

yes i too love tvw/opity. i especailly love reading the recaps of seventh heaven.