Thursday, December 22, 2005

Going Ape -My side of the story

So you can check out Bill's review here. In the end the movie was good but at intermission (we still aren't sure if that was the theater's doing of the movies doing). I was highly disappointed in the film. 1.5 hours of my life gone and most of it spent on Jack Black. However, the movie redeemed itself and I too was amazed at how real Kong was, it was as if the had taught a really ape to act and then enlarged him digitally. I also really love the cinimatography. Peter Jackson -bushman though he may be- can really direct well. I was disappointed at the role given to Adrien Brody, though he did a good job with it. I was impressed by Naomi Watts, especially considering how hard it is to act along on a blue screen/scream bloody murder over and over.

Worst part of movie... icky bug moment eewwwww!

I was also disappointed that Jack Black didn't get it in the end. Dude should have been killed by Kong instead of getting to utter "no, it was beauty that killed the beast"

Also, Bill had told me that they guy that "played" King Kong was also the one who played Gollum. But he was also a regular character --the cook who gets it from the weird ass flobber worm looking things.

Anyway over all if you are into these types of movies this is the best I have seen, and if you aren't it may even be worth a gander (if you have 3 hours to spare).

No comments: