Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lied to.

If you recall I typed this yesterday:
Today's high 17, tomorrows 24, and so on until next Monday we will be a
balmy 45.

I was lied to. Today I woke up and it was a sweltering 1 degree outside. I get my butt on the elliptical thingy and the news is happily telling me that (again) today will be 17, and now the best we can hope for is a weekend above freezing (as in 33 degrees on sat and 34 on sun) Dude, this is not funny. If the weather men are doing this just because they know that if I know it will be 17 all week I wouldn't get out of bed they should all be fired.

Meanwhile I am thinking about this in my self-torture camp called the YMCA. As much as I know I needed to start working out regularly and as much as I know working out in the mornings id better for both me and Bill I still curse the man that decided gyms should open at 5 am. If they didn't open until 9 I think many people would be better off... More time to sleep and be less stupid on the roads.

Which brings me to the real winner of the day: So bill and I we at a backed up intersection trying to get to our parking lot. This particular intersection gets backed up because 95% of people want to turn left and the main road is backed up due to the trains. But we want to turn right. Now we are too far back to get into the turning lane but we signal and move as close as possible to the curve. Now there is an alleyway that feeds into the middle of this mess (think normal suburban side street with an alley cut into the middle). There are people that use the alley way to avoid the real roads and they go zooming down these things until they hit this street which is where the alley ends. There are about 3 cars backed up in the alley. The light turns green and the yellow and then red... No one can move because 95% of the cars are wanting to go left and two trains have just gone by. The light turns green again. This time cars can go and we finally can get into the right hand turn lane... except we can't. Some lady is pulling out blocking our lane from the alley trying to get into the turning lane. But the people who don't cheat and have waited at the light aren't letting her in (she didn't signal, she just pulled out, by the way). So, now she is getting pissed while we and the cars in the turning lane are waiting for her to stop blocking out lane of traffic. Then she winds up (I'm not kidding) and starts blaring on her horn and yelling at the people who are turning and not letting her in. Finally, some one is nice enough to let her in and she continues to curse and all around her waving her hand in the air. During this time, we and the cars behind us are waiting (with out horns or flailing arms) for the winner to move and as we pass she gives us a dirty look. Is it our fault you are dumb and have tried to cheat the system of the roads? Is it our fault you blocked our lane as you and your car jutted out without signaling? Is it our fault that you obviously need anger management therapy?

4 comments:

Frank said...

yes. her fault. yes. she's dumb. yes, she's a cheater.

sarah said...

thank you... i just want to make sure i am not the crazy one sometimes.

curious m said...

If she was dumb, unjustly angry, traffic cheating AND in an SUV I think she can be executed under state law.

sarah said...

sadly, she was in a PoSS (piece of shit sedan), however, i think she should have to pay a steep fine... to all those on which she imposed her annoying dumbness.