Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jolly Ole St. Nicholas

Yes, to day is St. Nicholas day, so check your shoes before you step into them there might be candy inside.

I didn't get a chance to post over the weekend --Bill and I were quite busy.

On Friday evening after work we went to the Metropolitan Club at the Sears Tower for Bill's Christmas party. There was music and drinks and a very good dinner. Over the course of the evening I met:
  • A woman whose mother went to HB and who is currently dating the son of the head of admissions to U of C
  • A woman who went to John Carroll University, whose husband's cousin went to Gesu elementary
  • A man who was just in Cleveland to see the browns game (just cause)
  • A woman and son who were driving to Cleveland the next day because she was going to be a visiting minister at a church in East Cleveland
  • various people who had various relatives living in the Cleveland area

On Saturday we went and cut down our Christmas tree. It is a beautiful white pine, and I will post pictures from home. Saturday evening was my Christmas party, and Bill seemed to have pretty good luck with his bowling --he even won a prize. I was not bad enough for the DFL (Damn F-in Luck) prize and not good enough for anything else. The food was decent and the drinks were good.

On Sunday, we had errands to run, and then Bill Lily and I trekked over to Oakbrook Center and finished Christmas shopping. That evening we decorated the tree and made him b-e-a-utiful.

Now it is Tuesday and the weather forecast through next Monday looks like an exponential growth graph... Today's high 17, tomorrows 24, and so on until next Monday we will be a balmy 45. Yesterday's temp was pretty bad and the wind chill was negative nine. (yikes)

So that is all that has happened recently... I will try to get some pics up of the tree some time soon... Otherwise I should get to work here and I am sure you have better things to do.

No comments: