Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Frank!

So, Bobby is at the airport right now and should arrive around 2pm today.

Yesterday I went to a new dentist... so the back story is I went to the dentist at the beginning of December and he said I have 2 cavities... This is for a person with a previous perfect dental record. So I got scheduled to do a drilling and then I scheduled a drs visit around going to the dentist... only to find out that when I thought I had scheduled the visit and when I DID schedule the visit were two different days. and of course they couldn't reschedule me until next year.... so alas I find a new dentist.

So I got yesterday to find out I now have 4 cavities... apparently they are multiplying. And then she asks me if i drink a lot of bottled water... and I initially say no... but then I remember that every thing I drink at work (where i drink 2-3 glasses of water a day) is in the big water cooler bottles. anyway she says I am not getting enough fluoride and hence multiplying cavities.

An amusing side story to this... when she went to give my the local, she but a numbing gel on my gums first... the was godawful tasting, and I asked her what it was "flavored" and she said pina colata. I think my dentist has just made me hate pina colatas for life :)

Also as this post mentions, happy birthday frank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should drink 8-12 glasses of water a day, winter time also. more if you're working out in the morning. oh yeah, and cut back on that candy.

Anonymous said...

Next time you go to a dentist, I recommend visiting http://chicago.doctoroogle.com.
It has reviews by patients which can help in choosing the right dentist/oral surgeon. Bring it up whenever you next see your dentist and he/she'll know they better do a damn good job or else any mistake is going to make it on the 'net.

Reason I know this is that I've had my own dental issues lately too (had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out today). I brought up the site with my surgeon and I hope it made him be a little more thorough with his job.

He did say he doesn't like the idea of such sites though due to risk of slander, etc. But in general I still like these kind of things because it gives some transparency into peoples work and incentive to do a good, if not more cautious, job.

They should have the same for auto mechanics (I think I just got ripped off fixing my car for emissions testing). I mean, it's sometimes hard to know if you're going to a good mechanic and getting a good price. If I get enough free time, I may do just that.