Friday, May 19, 2006

9 am

in two weeks from tomorrow at this time i will be sitting in a huge expansive room with my passport, exam ticket and calculator on my desk, #2 pencil in hand and exam book open... just thinking about that moment is giving me those knots in my stomach at only a tremendous test can give. like that day i had 3 papers and a final all in one day, or sitting for the SATs the first time, or going into a stat exam in kent* (or what every that building was called) after having the 24 hour stomach flu. yes I am getting worried/apprehensive/neurotic about this dame exam. I haven't had a chance to read a fiction book since Christmas. I haven't had a week with our carting around stupid workbooks since the beginning of January. I now have dreams of HPY and elasticity and how to manage a put call parity and getting to the exam only to fin that all 240 questions are full length CFO direct and indirect questions. I have been studying, but was it enough to beat out the person to the left and to the right of me? Was it enough to get a 70%? was it enough to remember those inane questions on investing in commodities or what the 7 ways management legally skew accounting numbers in favor of them and not the stock holders.

Then I start to ask myself why the hell i am doing this in the first place. I would much rather be taking public policy classes or econ classes for a masters. for that matter i think i would rather try my hand at orgo before studying for this again.

anyway, i will be back to my normal self in 15 days and 9 hours. at that point none of this will matter, by fate will be decided by the scantron gods and the CFA graders.

*EDIT: Frank has informed me of the location of the stat class rooms, which, I unfortunaly remember, but I know the tests were held in the evening in the chemisty (i think) lecture hall.

No comments: