Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rain rain rain

Complain complain complain.

Yes it has been nasty raining since about 7pm last night. right now it is just drizzling out there but at about 5am Bill and I woke up to the LOUDEST RAIN EVER. yes it sounded like the sheer force of the rain itself was going to break the windows in the bedroom. then there was the lightning what with the booms that kept shaking the house.

Now I grew up in a family that took a bit too much precaution with the tornado warnings... camping in the basement when ever a warning was issued for our area. And, therefore, I sat up for about 75% of last night waiting to hear the warning sounds and wondering if a sheet would protect me from shards of glass when either the rain broke the window or the wind did.

Then to top off my restless sleep our train was about 30 min late today. So, today I will complain about the rain and the train. (and yes the rain in Spain falls mainly on the unlucky s.o.b.s that don't have umbrellas)

No comments: