Thursday, January 15, 2009

brrr...

It's cold out. not that whiny below freezing cold, but that bitter below zero cold. out near we used to live they were having below 40 wind chills. right now the city has a reading of -4 with wind chills around -25.

With walking to work I made good use of all layers possible. long under wear tops and bottoms wool pants turtleneck sweater. plus 2 sets of gloves mid thigh goose down coat, goose down boots that hit mid calf. big wool hat and wool scarf.

I must say though my long underwear from rei is great. it kept me warm outside and unlike most people i don't have to remove it once at work as it is wicking and not too warm.

So bill is going out tonight which means I have to cook for myself. knowing this over the weekend i bought a tasty looking bunch of beets. so i will have left over beans and fajitas and beets. yum!

1 comment:

Malesa said...

You have my greatest sympathies. It was negative 5 degrees here with the windchill when I went outside today and I thought that the part of my face that was showing was going to freeze and break into a million pieces since it was so cold. I can't imagine what it would be like at negative forty. Nasty, nasty weather. Good thing you know how to bundle up well. Be safe and try and stay inside as much as possible!