Thursday, January 08, 2009

life keeps chugging

it's Thursday. This week, as i said before, has moved very slowly. not for lack of work or anything to do, but just because I am used to the more restful life of vacation.


I was just saying at lunch that I am waiting for my house and millions to come from some unknown relative. I then said it must be from my dad's family since I know all of my mom's. Malesa, you just let me know when that ship comes, ok?

I was supposed to start my fitness and eating healthy campaign this week (thanks Malesa for the fish recipe it was very good). it sorta has worked, but I think that my spin instructor put it best on Tuesday "we over estimate how many calories we burn and we underestimate the amount we eat." so last night, i through my hands in the air skipped any work out and made a huge batch of mac n cheese.

After we had finished eating and Bill was working, we flipped to one of the HBO channels to find that the golden compass was just starting. Meaning to see it in the theaters, but never making it, we decided to invest the time until midnight watching it. I really enjoyed the movie and wish that they would make the next in the book's series. Maybe I'll just get the books from the library.

This weekend, I don't know what we will be up to other than Bill having a dentist appointment on Saturday morning. Maybe we can get the basement the rest of the way done, but more likely we will just try to stay warm as it is supposed to get deadly gold in the upcoming week.

3 comments:

Malesa said...

You can't see (obviously), but I'm still laughing from that blog. I REALLY hope that we have a rich uncle that we don't know about who is about to kick the can and will shower us all with unheard amounts of wealth. However, from what I can see, the prospects are looking grim. Maybe on Bill's side? We've combed through Phillip's side looking for a filthy stinking rich one too, but alas...I think we are going to have to make our way through life by the sweat of our own brow. Blah.

Andrea and Terrance said...

Hey, if we've got some unknown rich guy somewhere, I want in too. Hey, thank you so much for the baby gift. You are such a sweetheart. I sent you a card, but I wanted to tell you thank you!

sarah said...

drat! bills family came to the us from china in his parents generation, so i doubt we've missed anything on that side. maybe someone will win the mega millions and want to share with me.

Andrea you are more than welcome. you have added another cutie to the weber clan :)