Saturday, January 17, 2009

crabby!!!

not the emotional state but those little sea creatures that taste so good.

once a year we go out with Brian (usually Christie is here too) to Shaw's during dungeness crab season. usually they also have the Nantucket bay scallops, but due to the cold weather no one is fishing this week. (this makes bill very happy and me not so much... me not so much because i love those tasty morsels... bill because he has happily offered to take me back next weekend (conveniently he can get more crab too))

_____
Ok I wrote that before last night's 3.5 hour crab-fest. Dinner was very good and I was fun to go out with Brian and Christie and Brian's roommate Brian. The guys got the family style crab dinner:cup of chowder, 1 crab cake each 1 cluster of dungeness crab legs each 3 (i think) king crab legs each and then a large slice of key lime pie. you would think Christie and i ate less but not really (though Brian will be eating some of Christie's dinner for lunch today. I am always amazed the the guys can eat all the crab... oh and the sides (potatoes spinach and cole slaw).

but enough gluttony. This week I get MLK day off and then there is all the inauguration hoopla across Chicago. Next week is Chinese New Year, and the week after that the Superbowl, a week off before Valentines day and another long weekend. What I am trying to say is that we have weathered the lull after Christmas and New Years and now there should be stuff to keep us busy until the first signs of spring. And honestly, I don't thing it can get much colder and nastier than this past week.

2 comments:

Andrea and Terrance said...

I have actually never had crab but have always wanted to try it. Sounds like it was tasty!

sarah said...

you know i never ate sea food at all before I met Bill. but with his family and trips to Chinatown its not possible to escape eating seafood.

If given the opportunity to try it you should (like many things in life).