Tuesday, August 18, 2009

back and what not

so we had a great trip. you can read about it more on our travel blog (see the link in the post below.)

It was really nice to come home on a Saturday (something we have tried to do with longer vacations) and it was super nice that Bill and I had had the time to clean our house before we left... which made Sunday truly a day of rest.

Yesterday, it was back to the grind in wet nasty weather. It the morning, Bill noticed that our gutters in the front were over flowing. A definitive sign that the gutters need cleaning. So, we head to work knowing it will be on the top of the to do list in the evening.

Last night, after changing Bill says he is going to go deal with the gutters before we head out to the gym. I wanted to run to the library, but told him I would wait if he needed me. He said he didn't and off I went. As I was coming home, it was starting to drizzle and Bill was on the second side of the house. Good, I thought, he'll be done before the rain really starts up and we'll be at the gym durring the storm . Sadly, we never made it to the gym last night. When Bill came in he informed me that he had slipped and fallen off the ladder on the first side of the house after coming upon a bee hive while cleaning the gutters. poor bill. he seems fine other than scrapes bruises and swelling. I might be the one, however, getting up on the ladder the next time.

Today the CFA exam results for level II and III came out and I am proud (and very happy) to report that Brian passed level III. Brian turned 24 last week and has now passed all three levels of the exam making his sister who will turn 28 next month and who passed level one this year feel a little inadequate. such is life... sibling rivalries are slow to die.

That's about all the news that is fit to print. I will try to be better about posting down that we are back.

No comments: