Saturday, August 01, 2009

all my plants are falling down....

...falling down falling down

I don't know what i should do about my bush beans, but i think some bamboo steaks are in order.  dad says that next year i should try topping my tomato plants before the get to be 6 feet high. today i found a pepper plant on its side....  i give up!

not really but it is annoying to find all your hard work fall over.

any suggestions or ideas?

my cucumber plants are dying by the way.  i think it needs to be warmer for them to thrive.  When should i pick a cucumber?  i have one that is almost pear shaped and about 6" long  I am thinking it might need to be picked but i don't know.

that is it for the garden update

3 comments:

Gustoso said...

Bush beans shouldn't need steaking. Runner beans do (hence the names). Tomato plants can be tied to poles and pruned to shape -although I tend to let them do their own thing. If it all gets too much, you can pull the plant out and then hang it upside in your garage and the tomatoes will keep for awhile like that. Pick your cucumber. Keep at it - it gets easier :-)

sarah said...

yeah i don't understand the bush bean problem... they just fall down in the rain... quite annoying. thanks for the advice.

Anonymous said...

I have some pepper plants that look like they want to flop over as well. I feel like my entire garden is about to become one giant tomato cage and 400 twist-ties....