Friday, August 28, 2009

spring cleaning or is that fall?

I cleaned up my blog a little and added some things to my side bar. Nothing big but it is part of my cleaning movement. I am trying to clean up and organize my live. I cleaned and sorted and filed at work before I left for vacation and cleaned up my email in boxes upon my return. I tried to clean up our dumping ground known as the kitchen island (that lasted about 2 days). I also tried to clean up my dining room and will have to make more head way on the basement this weekend. If anyone has ideas or suggestions to keep thinks like the kitchen island (or desk etc) free of clutter like bills and coupons and just junk I would love to hear them.

We have had a lot of rain this week and our grass which was dead when we got back 2 weeks ago is bright green and looking like its mid may instead of late august. Garden seems to have survived, but I bet the tomatoes haven't liked the 60 degree days. My big tomatoes were getting tinges of red before the deluge this week.

This weekend is like the extra paycheck of weekends. You know when you get paid every other week there are two months of the year that you get an extra paycheck. I feel like because this is the last week of August this weekend should be Labor Day weekend, but it isn't and it, therefore, feels like a gift of one more weekend of summer. Unfortunately, no one told mother nature about this treat, and so the weather is supposed to be wet and dreary as it has been this whole week.
Last night, there was nothing on TV and it was pouring and nasty outside, so Bill and I broke into the second season of Veronica Mars. It's always nice to watch a TV show you liked again with out commercials. It does annoy me, though, that good shows end up getting cancelled too early.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: