Monday, September 14, 2009

back to work

Bill said to me this morning, "That was a long short weekend."

Indeed, that is a great way to describe it.

Mom flew in on Thursday evening, and we stayed up for a while chatting and catching up. Friday I took that day off, but Bill worked so we both got up and going not too late. Mom and I went and had lunch with my grandma (Mimi) and we then walked and shopped before catching a cab to meet Bill and Giddo (my grandpa) for dinner. Dinner was at millennium park's Park Grill. Then it was off to Jersey Boys. I think everyone really enjoyed the show.

Saturday my uncle Chris drove up from Indianapolis and we had lunch/ brunch at The Gage and then went over to the Art Institute. Bill and I spent the entire time in the new wing and after allowing for some shopping time for my mom and Mimi at the gift shop we headed over to the Celtic fest. We hung out there for about an hour and a half and the headed over to Shaw's for dinner. Saturday night I introduced my mom to the HBO shows True Blood and Hung (she enjoyed the latter not so much the former).

Sunday we got up and went to the Frankfort market and then off to Costco (I know the juxtaposition is disturbing). We got home and got things ready to have Bill's parents and sister over along with my Mom, Mimi, Giddo and Chris. We had a lovely day for a great cook out, and I was able to show case some of my garden's delights: garden heirloom tomatoes and basil, a salad with market green beans, garden cherry tomatoes, garden cucumbers and garden herbs, and lettuce from the garden for the burgers.

This morning we dropped mom off at the airport before going back home and getting ready for the day. I have a feeling Bill and I will both be to bed early tonight.

No comments: