Tuesday, September 08, 2009

tuesday = monday,

but Thursday=Friday.
yes I know I sound confused, but with family visiting this weekend I am taking Friday off to spend with my mom and grandparents. So, even though my week just began it's hump day already.

This weekend started off with a wonderful dinner at Japonais. Bill and I enjoyed our hot rock beef and our yummy nigiri. Then it was to home and bed because we had important things to get up for on Saturday, namely seeing Carolyn and watching the Notre Dame football game. ND won, playing a great game, and it was so much fun to see Carolyn and get a tour of her campus. Pictures will be posted hopefully tonight. By the time we got home on Saturday night and had some dinner we were fried. We watched Howl's Moving Castle -- Miyazaki's take on the story was beautiful and whimsical.

Sunday we spent a good portion of the early afternoon at the Franfort Fall fest. We had a lovely lunch at Francesca's Fortunato and had fun weaving through all the artisan booths. We ended up purchasing a framed photograph for our living room. We saw the same booth last year and love the pictures from Italy and France, and with our dining room all painted and everything it was too pretty to pass up. Friday evening we went to Bill's co-worker Steve's BBQ. He smoked briskets and a turkey and we had a really nice time.

Yesterday we got an early move on the day, but sorta petered out after lunch. we did hang the new painting and Bill mowed and edged. Mostly I played my new Nintendo DS game: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. This is a puzzle/brainteaser game that I got for the train rides, but I needed to "try it" yesterday to make sure it was good :)

Today we will need to work more in the basement and first floor getting things ready for our guests. I not have very little time so the work put in should increase exponentially until Thursday when I pick mom up.

That's all for now.

No comments: