Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend in review

This weekend was just as busy as the last few giving us little time to do anything but mow the lawn and do some laundry on Sunday night....

Saturday we had brunch with Brian and Christie (the company was great but I don't think I'll be going back to Lockwood again... ever). Then we had our friend Mitul's birthday party at Medieval Times. We got to cheer on our faithful and brave Red Knight. I think between driving back and forth Bill drover about 5 hours on Saturday. Poor Bill.

Sunday we went off to the market to get some more tomatoes for sauce and another acorn squash (one of my fall favs). Then by noon we were downtown for the Chicago Gourmet Food and Wine festival. It was a lot of fun. We got our tickets through Group On and I am now a group On believer.

Last nigh,t we ran around the house trying to get things in order for the week. I made my tomato and bean soup (with bacon!) again, and around 9:45 we heard the warning sirens go off to the north of us. We were expecting a bad storm but since the rain hadn't even started the warning sirens we a bit unexpected. We hung out in the basement and tried to find out what was happening by going online There was a tornado warning for our area, and because of how detailed Doppler radar is we knew exactly what was happening and how long we needed to stay in the basement.

So that was the weekend... a few things I have come across this morning that mad for interesting reads.

Graveyard etiquette?

Hungry Planet I Hungry Planet II two features on this new book Hungry Planet. Very interesting idea and pictures. Notice not only the differences in what the developed nations have, but what they don't eat. Also, it was interesting to see the more expensive foods/ developed counties had much more packaging involved in getting their food.

Finally, I leave you with this cartoon. Happy Fall!

No comments: