Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Doh!

"Plant the largest cloves to grow the largest bulbs. Leave the outer skin on the bulbs and do not separate the cloves from the bulb until you are ready to plant."

dad do you see the problem in these instructions? yes it says to plant the cloves, and yes that is not what we did. Bill says it is better this way rather than the opposite (cloves can't be put back together into a bulb). I think the squirrels have been trying to send me a message when I come home to find my bulbs unearthed ever day.

sigh I know what Bill and I will be doing on Saturday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm. Sounds like we maybe shoulda read the instructions before planting. Doesn't sound like my blessing took affect either. Don't ya just love those cute little squirrels. Maybe that is what happened to your beans last spring too.

Anonymous said...

how many garlic cloves did you plant? i feel like i haven't planted enough, but they are expensive (order thru johnny's seeds, who i like and trust).