Friday, June 04, 2010

my test is tomorrow

Hi all 7 people who read my blog. I bet your life has been super boring without me.

My test is tomorrow and I am starting to feel ok about it.

In the last week and a half so much of my life has be turned upside down I don't know where to begin. Obviously most of that is because I was accepted into the MBA program at UChicago.

So lets see a week and a half ago Bill was in Miami for a bachelor party. I was feeling mopey about my test and being waitlisted so I decided the most prudent thing to do was enroll my dog Winnie in agility classes. It would be something that started right after my test and something to do this summer to keep my mind off things. I also watched the Lost finale which I liked and the more I think about it the more I like it.

So Bill gets back, Winnie is enrolled in school and I start heading into the home stretch. I knew I would be taking study days off so my last day of work for a while would be Thursday. My little cousin was in town and I would have to get him from his class trip on Thursday to the airport for his cousin's wedding in Colorado Friday morning. And then Wednesday midday I got a call from UChicago.

It never ceases to amaze me that just when you are ready to move on and have come to terms with things that is when your world gets turned upside down (in a good way). I know it is cliche, but it has happened to me more than once in different aspects of my life. It's God's way of stirring the pot.

So since then I haven't really celebrated, in fact I don't know if the ramifications have fully hit me. Bill and I are going from being DINKs to TSOINKs (two students one income no kids). I won't be working starting September. Even in collage, I worked 20 hours a week plus my classes (and 40+ in the summer).

I know things will have to change for both of us, but I also know I am super excited. And as tomorrow is edging its way closer, I think I am letting myself feel more happy and excited about what is to come. This test still means a lot, and I will continue to pursue my charter if I pass level two. (I think it would be crazy to have sunk 18+months into getting this only to stop one level short). If I don't pass I don't know what I will do, but I am going into tomorrow with my fighting face. I have done all the readings, all the classes, all 2,100+ practice questions and I really do know this body of knowledge.

See you guys tomorrow!

ps I won't find out my score until mid to late August

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck Sarah!

Unknown said...

you will do great!!

sarah said...

thanks you guys... read my most recent post to hear about my day.

Malesa said...

Wow. I'm excited for you for the MBA thing. Awesomeness.