Friday, April 15, 2011

gardening in the rain

So first - I talked about my internship a few weeks ago when I got it, though I didn't mention the name of the place. I will be working for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation in Washington DC for the summer

Next - all week I have looked forward to getting some seeds planted for a spring garden. Before I would let myself enjoy some garden time I had some tasks to do and some homework to finish. By the time I got outside I was able to gather my tools and start raking when it started drizzling on me. I worked in the steady drizzle for a half hour before I gave up. No seeds were planted, but I will be ready when the weather is ready to cooperate

3 comments:

Malesa said...

Awesome! Hopefully we will be able to see you at some point while you are staying in D.C.! Alissa lives in Virginia and we will for sure be down there at some point.

sarah said...

I am really excited by the chance to reconnect with you and your sister. And hopefully meet the girls, if not Phillip too.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. This sounds like an amazing opportunity! Hey and maybe there's even a community garden near where you in DC. You know, like you won't already have enough to do...