Wednesday, July 15, 2009

bicycle BICYCLE!

ok i was trying to think of a title to this post... ...its sad that you all probably don't get it and now I am stuck with a Queen song in my head.

Anyway. now that i have my bicycle in working order I am loving it. I enjoy my spin classes when I go, but there is something so much nicer about riding outside. Of course, I am now having bike envy because Carolyn and her brother brother recently got bikes. I am tossing about the idea of a good bike, but then i feel like maybe i need to prove myself first. we my bike isn't in good enough order to do any long ride, but there is a ride in October called the pumpkin pie ride. they have 25, 61 and 100mile courses. I am pretty sure that i can do the 25 in about 2 hours, so I am considering signing up. I would love to be in good enough shape to do a century, but that isn't happening without some serious training and a new bike.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The Pumpkin Pie Ride sounds like fun. You should definitely do it!!

Admit it. Deep down, you know you are beginning your triathlon training so you and I can the Disney race together ;)

sarah said...

yeah too bad i just really don't like running

Andrea and Terrance said...

Good for you. I have to agree that being outside to exercise is much nicer. I would so much rather run outside than run on a treadmill. I've never done spin classes; you've inspired me to want to try them.

sarah said...

If you can take them for free or cheap I think they are a great class, especially in the winter. I like that you are in a group but you can make your workout as hard or easy as you want.

Malesa said...

Watch out what you wish for Andrea. Spin classes can truly kick your trash.