Monday, July 20, 2009

More visits

I had a great weekend that started on Thursday with an 8:30 showing of Harry Potter and ended with relaxing on the couch last night watching some tv with Bill. In between...

Friday Bill took the day off for some much needed rest. The case he had been working on ended Thursday and he needed some r&r. Bill drove into the city and picked me up early from work and we drove out to the west burbs to attend the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Now I like shopping and in my list of things not to miss this ranks higher than any day after thanksgiving or day after Christmas sale. Nordstroms is expensive but the quality and customer care they have are great. And when they have a sale they do it right. Bill and I both got a few new items for work. (and I finally got the black pants I have been belly aching about since November.) Since we were out there, we ordered food to go from Wildfire --with points! So we had ribs and salad for dinner. We spent the rest of the evening hanging out.

Saturday I spent sometime in the morning weeding the yard. I also took out two tomato plants that were wilted and not coming back. we aren't sure if it was some type of bacteria/fungus or just over watering (I am hoping the later), but to keep it from spreading it was the best option in case it was contagious. For my troubles, I ended up with so nasty mosquito bites. Bill got some work to do so I relaxed and tried to zen away the itchies watching Miss Congeniality. We then packed up the car and headed out to Naperville. We ran some errands and then headed to REI to look at bikes and their summer sale items. I didn't purchase a bike but did see a few I might test drive. The we had some returns to make at Nordstroms and some other stops at the mall. Finally we stopped and got Winnie some more food and headed home. After some left over ribs we cleaned up the house a bit for our guests that were coming.

Sunday morning was filled with a bit more tidying, going to the farmers market and getting ready for Maura Jeff and the boys to visit. We had such a wonderful evening with them and Brian. It was nice to sit out and enjoy the summer night (even if it was only 70` outside). After they left, we played a few games of corn hole (or "bags" as you Chicagoans call it). Then we settled in for some Sunday night tv and hanging out with the dog.

I hope you had as uneventful but enjoyable weekend as we did.

No comments: