Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Bike ride

Bill cleaned off our bikes put air in our tires and we went for a 45 min bike ride last night. It was nice to get out and about, and since the weather was over cast and cool it was a very refreshing ride.

Last night, we made more of the beet greens from the garden. Bill has decided the greens are ok even if he doesn't like the beets themselves.

Mosquitoes are in full swing. every evening I seem to get a few from taking winnie out. if any one knows of ways to prevent this without long pants or bug spray i would appreciate the tips. (I don't want to change or spray just to take winnie out)

The other problem we are having for the second year in a row is a rust fungus of some sort on part of our lawn. I am thinking it is because of the rain but I don't know how to organically fix this. Any ideas?

2 comments:

alana. said...

I found this: http://organicgardening.com/featureprint/1,7759,s1-4-77-1055,00.html

and this:

http://www.ext.nodak.edu/county/cass/horticulture/faq/lawn/problems.htm

Dunno if that helps at all.

Also - how do you cook your beet greens?

Malesa said...

I LOVE bike riding. I'm glad you guys have bikes. Good luck with your lawn fungus and mosquitoes. I have no suggestions, only sympathy.