Tuesday, July 14, 2009

great weekend... for me at least

So I had a fabulous weekend. I unfortunately cannot say the same for Bill who was stuck in the office during the day both days.

Saturday we had a HVAC guy come a pitch a new A/C and furnace to me. Bill scheduled this a few weeks ago when we had to get the A/C fixed. an hour and a half later I had discovered just how priced replacing these things are and that my furnace, which proudly claimed to be a carrier was actually some bottom line furnace with a carrier emblem affixed to the outside of it. (that was real classy previous owners...)

Since that was at 8am I had a long day ahead of me. I weeded my garden (I need to show you guys pictures... my tomato plants are taller than me!) ran some errands with the dog, ending in getting a grilled salmon salad from a local butcher/deli type place. laid out and read a book (which I have never done at this new house!) played some wii fit (I love the boxing ans hula hooping!) drove down town and got bill at 5 and then got read for the concert we had tickets for.

Bill had bought tickets to see No Doubt with Paramore back in March as his birthday gift. Little did he know how busy this weekend would be. But, we got to the show and had a great time. Gwen Stefani looks really good for a woman with to kids, but I guess that is what she is paid to be/do. anyway we got home and in bed around 2am.

Poor Bill had to be up around 6 something to catch a train into the city to work on Sunday. I got to sleep in until almost 9 which was much needed. Highlights of Sunday include Frankfurt's farmers market, Winnie getting groomed, and a cooking spree. I made tabouli, hummus and mom's blueberry coffee cake. I picked Bill up around 8pm and we had a late dinner around 10.

Yesterday I enjoyed a nice 50min bike ride around Homewood and had a quite evening at home. Bill caught the 12:40AM train. he got home around 2am. I want my husband back! this is now basically tradition that at some point in July every year he has to work an 80 hour week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gwen was simply amazing on that 2009 tour. Her abs are perfect! Can't believe she's a mother of two, hehehe

nice blog you have, btw