Sunday, November 20, 2005

Happy happy joy joy

So this weekend gets two thumbs up from me. On Friday I saw the 4th Harry potter movie. I was very happy with it as it did a good job in condensing the tome of the book they were trying to bring to film.

On Saturday we did some shopping and some cleaning for thanksgiving... In the evening we watched layer cake.... I think I missed something while I was eating my pizza because I got about 50% of the movie. After the movie we went to kohls (yeah kohls was open until midnight yesterday and therefore we took advantage of it).

today I went to church and got the cool Indian priest and the homily was very inspiring. Then we went to 3 (yes 3) separate grocery stores (add that to the 1 we went to on Saturday and that makes 4 trips for one fricking thanksgiving meal.) but I finally gathered all the things I needed to make my own apple pie from scratch... I am proud to say that it came out of the oven in one piece (though it was leaking from one side)

the best thing about this weekend... The crappy easy listening station switched over to Christmas music. I can now listen to Christmas music in the car and bill can't complain... Well he can but he can't tell you it is way too early.

anyway, we are knee deep in our thanksgiving preparations... We have a turkey weighing in over 18lbs, 10lbs of potatoes, 6 large sweet potatoes, two bags of stuffing mix, two bags of Hawaiian sweet rolls, 1.5lbs of green beans, 2 bags of baby carrots, 3 cans of cranberry jelly sauce, makings for 2 pumpkin pies and one apple pie (which took 5 lbs of apples!). Do you think we have enough food for 7 people?

By the way if you are in the Chicago area on Thursday feel free to come on by for dessert... It will start around 7ish... Just shoot me an email if you are coming.

No comments: