Monday, September 08, 2008

maybe i am getting old

today I got into work only to be reminded that I was supposed to be 60min south of my office performing jury duty.

I hate not being punctual, so forgetting something like this just makes me feel awful. Luckily I called and I should be rescheduled without any problems.

I may not have remembered to call after 4:30pm yesterday because I was busy make bread and soup for dinner. I think my summons is now underneath my Joy of Cooking.

Outside of being forgetful this weekend, on Saturday we had lunch with the in laws and then went out in the evening. Sunday we had a baby party in Chinatown celebrating Steven and Clara's second baby, Spencer.

Today is extremely dark and rainy, to complement my mood after this morning perfectly.
-------

On another note on Friday I finished up Breaking Dawn (which came out while I was on vacation and I waited until i had finished all of my current books to pick it up). I hadn't realized that it had received so many negative reviews. So many of these were about being "realistic" or "anti-feminist". After reading the book, I will say it wasn't my favorite out of the series, but it's a book about vampires... the expectation of realism should stop there. and as far as anti feminist thing goes... since when is it anti feminist for a female to get what they want and achieve their goals (even if those are goals are of marriage)?
Either way it was fun to finish the series and then be able to watch the new show on HBO True Blood. Jury is still out on that show for me, but I may try that series next... currently I am reading The Duchess (what the new Kiera movie is based on). and then in my stack are these: Right Attitude to Rain, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, The Septembers of Shiraz, and Run.

As always if you have a good book to read let me know.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

hi sarah. do you use goodreads? i just signed up for it and will be posting the books that i've read from aug08 on. i'd love to hear about your favorites, because i'm always looking for books too!

sarah said...

goodread eh? i'll have to check it out.