Friday, September 05, 2008

rain rain rain

so the remnants of Gustav have finally past us after about 24 hours of non-stop rain. So it was probably good that i had made a dash for the book store yesterday and gotten some new books including one i had been waiting for since May.

I must say not much excites me like a good book. TV, movies, music all pale in comparison. I feel lucky in my life that I was taught to love to read - to relish that moment of cracking open a new book by an author you love or the excitement of finding a new author to read.

It's just too bad I couldn't spend all of this cool gloomy Friday curled up on the couch, blanket around me and Winnie laying next to me, reading. Oh, well I guess I'll just be grateful for the 40 mins I get on the train both ways.

No comments: