Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ewe's not fat ewes fluff

back at our house on Hillstone (age 1-7) our kitchen had kitschy country things hanging on the walls. I remember one was the wood plaque with a fuzzy sheep on it and that phrase.... i didn't "get it" until years later, but I still get a mental image of my kitchen on Hillstone when I think of it.

anyway the point is i read an article today in the tribune about Hugo Chavez, no not the rain maker one, and obesity. you can read the article here or a non Chicago version here, but this is my favorite part:

"I'm not saying fat women, because they never get fat," he added. "Women sometimes fill out."
And that, my friends, is one way to win votes.

____

on a side note talking about Hillstone... the other day I had a dream about doorbells. dad do you remember that crazy doorbell at Hillstone. it was like 3 long organ pipes that would clang together.

2 comments:

Mommas Soapbox said...

that is a crack up.... I am fluffy and boy howdy have a "filled out"....

That does roll off of the tounge much easier....LOL

Malesa said...

Not that he has ever watched what he bothers to say before, that was a good one for once.