Friday, November 06, 2009

Sometimes things just don't make sense

I really didn't want to post about Ft Hood, but I didn't want to ignore such a horrible tragedy. Sometimes things in life just don't make sense. I know that statement provides no comfort to those effected by the shooting, but honestly how do you explain how a doctor goes on a rampage shooting those he was sworn to protect. Or, for that matter, how a man could live with 11 bodies rotting in his home.
It seems that too often we are confronted with horrible crimes that can't be reasoned. I don't know what any one person can do about it, but maybe if everyone tried to be a bit more flexible and a bit more understanding, maybe if we could all reach out to our neighbors and know more about our neighborhood, maybe some senseless act could be prevented. Or maybe I am just living in the clouds.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Insanity cannot be reasoned. But it is a reflection of our society. How do 11 women go missing in a neighborhood without our law enforment doing something about it? They simply didn't care! Each victim was one less prostitute addict that they no longer had to deal with. As for our military,,, don't get me started.

Anonymous said...

agreed -- the fact no one noticed/cared all these women went missing bothers me as much as the act of the culprit ...