Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am awesome!

that should be read with the sarcasm font that I totally need. I got up today all happy and proud: last night after talking to family members and doing practice test-y things I did the dishes folded 3 laundry baskets work of laundry stripped the bed and re-made it with the now dry cleaned winter down blanket and down comforter. Oh and i vacuumed straightened up the room and swiffered under the bed. Basically all those domestic goddess things I avoid. So this morning, I woke up happy -- my room was in order my bed was supper fluffy and warm and my back was still doing great (did I mention that yesterday was the first Tuesday in a very long while that I had not gone to the chiro-cracker.)

I should have know it would be down hill from there. It's cold and rainy, so I grabbed my rain boots (more sarcasm font) oh yeah I don't have rain boots. I roll my pant legs up (which made me thing of french cuffing my jeans ages ago) and put on my high heeled leather boots. I need to continue practicing GMAT stuff so I ditch the book I completed and pack up the computer. Now to be fair the book was large and heavy and the computer is smallish, but I will still blame the computer. I walk to the train (in the rain thank you very much) and get settled in for the trip down town.
Somewhere near Hyde Park my back started spasming. It started in my lower back (oh its just the heavy book bag) and then spread (hmm maybe it will go away). I treat myself to a cab and get into work (sign it seems to still be painful). By 10am I couldn't breath with out pain, and following my doctors advice from last week ("if you are in pain don't wait just call me") I made an appointment.
Apparently, I am awesome. I managed to not just put the normal rib out of place but genius that I am I put a rib on the other side of my back out of place as well. yay me!
And yes at the age of 28 I shouldn't have these types of problems.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! Feel better!

sarah said...

thanks brudder. Hopefully resting tonight will help.

Dad said...

Some days you're better off to just stay in bed. The trick is kowing which days.

Anonymous said...

oh no! i have thrown my back out twice, both times so badly that i was immobilized to the point of needing a cortisone shot. hang in there, take it easy, and by all means, stay in bed and let other people fetch stuff for you.

Andrea and Terrance said...

That sounds horrible. I swear back and neck problems are the worst!! I hope you get some free time where you can rest in that lovely fuzzy warm bed up yours! If I had one that comfy I might never leave it.